Legend of the SkyHawk Scholarship
The Legend of the SkyHawk Scholarship recognizes two graduating seniors (one male, one female) who exemplify the Legend of the SkyHawk. The SkyHawk Association seeks to identify students who personify the qualities and values expressed in the Legend – – who actively participate in school and community activities and who exhibit the wisdom of learning. By awarding this scholarship, the SkyHawk Association hopes to encourage students to strive and soar in the spirit of the SkyHawk.
- Two scholarships with a value of $1,000 each will be awarded to one male and one female graduating senior.
- The scholarship must be used for undergraduate study at an accredited university, college, or other post-secondary educational institution of the recipient’s choice. The award winners must begin attendance at the selected institution by October in the year of high school graduation.
- Criteria that will be applied to the selection process for this scholarship include the following. The student applicants:
- shall have completed at least two academic years at Skutt Catholic High School and be eligible for graduation in May.
- shall have a weighted GPA of 3.0 or higher at the end of the first semester of his/her senior year. Guidance Office will provide your transcripts to the SCPA Scholarship Committee.
- shall have participated in school activities at Skutt Catholic High School.
- shall have participated in service/volunteer activities while attending Skutt Catholic High School.
- shall be a well-rounded student who exemplifies the qualities and values expressed in the“Legend of the SkyHawk.”
- shall submit this application and essay
Application deadline is April 3