Grateful. Thankful. Blessed.
Happy Thanksgiving SkyHawks!
As we prepare to celebrate Thanksgiving – a holiday dedicated to gratitude – I am reflecting on the many blessings our SkyHawk family has enjoyed already this school year.
Academically, we had five students named as national merit semifinalists. Math day was a huge success with our teams winning both the probe and quiz bowl competition while moving up a division. We also have three seniors who have achieved a perfect ACT score and one senior has achieved a perfect SAT score.
Over 45 students were mandated to become an EMHC or readers at mass. Community Involvement Day was a great day where the entire school was able to go out into the community to serve others. Twenty-eight students and faculty members participated in “SkyHawks in the City,” a weekend long service trip in the Omaha area.
Our activity and athletic programs were very successful this fall:
* Boys cross country won their second state championship in a row.
* Girls cross country finished third in the state.
* Volleyball won the Class B state championship for the fourth year in a row, a class B record.
* Softball went to state and finished third
* Football won the state championship and played in their fifth title game in six years.
* Mock trial had two teams in the regional semifinal, with one qualifying for the state competition.
* Ten students were honored as all state music participants
We are able to celebrate a successful capital campaign with more than $5 million raised in a little over five months. The new main entrance has already welcomed our students and plans are underway to start the new classroom construction in March.
Thanks to all SkyHawk families for Making a Difference for our students and living our mission beyond our community. It is such a blessing to be part of the SkyHawk family.
God Bless and Happy Thanksgiving to all of you,
Jeremy J. Moore